Monday, January 7, 2008

So much to do.

This weekend was very eventful and wonderful because of it. I'm convinced I'm much happier than, say a month ago. I've made a distinct effort to occupy myself and it's paid off. This weekend I visited the Chicago Diner with old friends, bought a sexy (clearanced) little black dress, went to a baby shower at the Hopleaf in Andersonville, and walked home from cet bar in Andersonville. Very eventful!

Hopleaf is a great bar/restaurant. The head baker at SMB's set up a baby shower for our manager Lisa at Hopleaf. It was buffet style with wonderful sandwiches and muscles and salad and fries and of course....cake! I ended up having a great time and learning a lot about the people I work with, especially the new girls that work there. I had a ton of wonderful conversations, like why Johanna decided to major in Geography, and how much the bill was and who was going to pay it. Liz ended charging $800 to her credit card, with the sincere hope that Cindy was going to pay her back. I assume Cindy is, if not we all have told Liz we will donate to the cause. I met Gale Gand, she seems normal I guess. She thought she recognized me from somewhere, that made me laugh.

I also made a bumbling idiot of myself at the Gap. I was doing a little shopping with a thirty dollar limit (a visa gift card) and found myself in the Gap trying on a little black dress. I wanted to look at myself in a bigger mirror outside and felt slightly naked and silly seeing as I was covered in frosting and grease stains and my orange work bandanna. But the man who was working the fitting rooms was lovely and I had to ask him if the dress came in a 6 in the gray color. He said he would look and at that time I'd decided I needed to buy the dress because I'd sweated through it in the presence of this darling man with green eyes. Needless to say I bought the dress and feel as though I need to frequent the Gap/stalk this man. :))

I woke up fairly easily this morning for my 9:40 class and am going to make myself stay awake till my 3:30 class. I need to make myself get back on a normal sleep schedule. I've become slightly more habituated to Alfie at night, he'll wake me up every once in a while but I fall right back asleep.

Time to do some homework for tomorrow!

No comments: