Thursday, January 10, 2008

I went to Spin-60 Wednesday morning. Wow. I know the instructor from the good old days of opening at the Ray. Her name is Paula and she is just wonderful. She's taught me, as she phrased it "fake it till you make it." Except she doesn't mean to be fake and live an illusion. No, she means that a lot of the time life sucks (I will personally agree at the present moment) but you have the choice to take what you have and make the most of it. Anyway, she's great and she teaches the Wednesday Spin class from 6:15am to 7:15am and she's intense. I was able to do the whole thing but I slowed considerably towards the end. I think I am going to make it a regular thing. I'm super sore though.

Over the course of the past couple days, Tuesday evening being the climax, my life has deteriorated. Now deteriorated is a very strong word and does not exactly capture the essence of what's happened but for the sake of poetics, we'll overlook that detail.

(Ugh, tangent....I keep finding course dark hairs on my head, it's all downhill from here.)

Now, facebook is a rather silly thing. But we all take it seriously, except for those things that ought not to be taken seriously, ie marriage statuses between friends, poke wars, etc. Point being, when someone de-friends you, it's a big deal, especially when you live with cet de-friender.

Lesson learned: become a nun....just kidding I felt the need for some comic relief, it was getting too stuffy in here.

Real lesson learned: prayer is my lifeline, fellowship is my pair of crutches, the Word is my conductor...and God can't be a metaphor. He's something I can't describe but everything I know to be true. Every emotion I can't describe. Every tear I've cried. Every tear I'm crying. Every reason why I am the little ball of bubbles when I'm happy and every reason why I am the soaked shirt sleeve at the movies.

And I don't deserve an ounce of it. And I realize I am a letdown. A broken letdown who would be nothing were it not for Christ's sacrifice. And that's what I have to walk away with.

But that's better than nothing and better than what most have to live for. So that translates to: I'll keep going to Spin, I'm going to stay involved at The Well, and I need to keep grasping hold of the indescribable.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift! 2Cor 9:15


You are my strength when I am weak,
You are the treasure that I seek,
You are my all in all.
Seeking You as a precious jewel,
Lord to give up I'd be a fool,
You are my all in all.

Jesus, Lamb of God - worthy is Your name.
Jesus, Lamb of God - worthy is Your name.

Taking my sin, my cross, my shame,
Rising again, I bless Your name,
You are my all in all.
When I fall down, You pick me up,
When I am dry You fill my cup,
You are my all in all.

Lu Lu said...

i had a dream about you last night! okay, not solely about you but you were in it. and we were shopping together! yay!
i am praying for you...let's get together soon. i took my test today and i am relived, but still have to catch up on the rest of my work that I was putting off (of course).
i love you! and you are precious to me (and Him)....