Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Go number two for the 6:15am Spin class. I am not nearly as sore as last time, though I will admit because Paula was not there it was not as difficult. She had a sub, who was good...and I got a great workout, but just wasn't Paula.

I just love how I couldn't wait to get out of high school. I even left the country right after graduation and it was the best thing for me. I just wanted out. Out of the drama, immaturity, and cussing. Life really can move in circles can't it.

I'm a special one, there was a blog specifically devoted to me! All about how I'm incapable of seeing past certain situations...the whole cold-hearted notion. Haha, too bad I'm on my way to apathy at this point.

But besides all the sarcasm, I really am pushing myself. I didn't know I could be so socially busy...yet also leaving time for school and work. It's a beautiful thing to not be held down by others.

I started this blog and deleted my last one (I'm still sad I had to change the name and all, it was too cute....Wondrous accounts of Cupcakes and Class) because I wanted to be able to freely write my feelings without the possibilities of knowingly hurting others...specifically my roommates. It occurred to me a few weeks ago when I first started this blog that my roommates could possibly have found this site. I pray they haven't because my whole reasoning behind this was to not hurt them in the process of expressing myself. But because I started this without their knowledge I am just going to assume and hope they never find it. And if they do, I apologize if they are hurt but know that was not my intention.

All in all, clearly I need someone to live with next year. I have a few people in mind, one very specifically with whom I've already discussed the possibilities with her current roomie....I'm just praying God provides me with who He thinks is the best. Although I would love to live with the specific person. There are others that I am getting to know through the Well, but I just have to wait and see.

In closing, as my friend Courtney would say "In life God doesn't give you the people you want, instead he gives you the people you need. To teach you, to hurt you, to love you, and to make you exactly the way you should be."

I've definitely been in the "to hurt you" stage. But it's all for the best. :))

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Courtney is a wise woman. One of my favorite hymns echoes her statement.

Great is Thy faithfulness, great is Thy faithfulness.
Morning by morning new mercies I see.
All I have needed, Thy hand hath provided.
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord unto me.

It was a "light bulb moment" when I realized that God was graciously giving me what I needed - what He knew I needed - instead of giving me what I foolishly thought I wanted. It hasn't been easy to accept some of His harder gifts, but looking back, I can see how difficult circumstances helped to deepen my faith and dependence on Him. It's still a struggle to trust, but He is faithful and I hold on to that reality.