Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Lysergic acid diethlamide


Oh the joys of reminiscing. I just got off the phone with an old friend of mine, Jim. I haven't seen or talked to him since last winter break and we spent an hour (which is a huge amount of time for me) talking on the phone about randoms, like his dog Virtue, and how he is a chef and how we are going to make bread together when he comes to visit. His call made me think of Spring Break and what I want to do with mine. It only made me think about break because he lives in Colorado and it would be amazing to go there for break. It'd be cold still there but still, it's gorgeous.

Sour Patch kids are so yummy but they make my teeth hurt. They were a part of the goodie bags from the shower.

Did you know LSD also known as acid is one of the cheapest drugs available? I did. But only after I was putting off my homework and decided to research it. Lysergic acid diethlamide...LSD. Supposedly there are no known side effects other than heightened blood pressure, heart rate increase and uterine contractions. Scary. It's only about ten dollars a hit and the trip lasts 6 to 12 hours. The majority of people who have bad trips have them because they are not in a secure environment (like a party) and the illusions become too much to handle. But if you are in a safe and calm environment and are aware of the possible effects of acid then most users have those psychedelic, colorful trips most people know about.

The above picture is a form of LSD that is ingested. The blotter paper is soaked and dried in LSD and then usually decorated and then distributed.

It's all so interesting in a very 60's druggie way.


:))

2 comments:

The Accidental Boilermaker said...

you are a strange one, but i still love you

Anonymous said...

did you know that Cary Grant and other famous movie stars did LSD in the '60s. I believe the gorgeous CG took LSD under the care of a psychiatrist... it wasn't illegal at the time. But still scandalous.