Friday, January 4, 2008

Second Day of Class

I get to go to the Chicago Diner tonight! I've only heard about it and some old friends from home are coming into the city and that's where they want to eat. I guess it's all vegetarian/vegan dishes. I have no idea when they are coming in but I know it's in the afternoon.

My second day of class was normal. I only have one class on Friday. It's my sophomore seminar: multicultural literature, 9:40 to 10:40 am. I like morning classes. The prof is very energetic and dramatic. I'm excited.

Sadly, this was also the second night in a row where I got next to no sleep. For some reason I am not capable of falling asleep or staying asleep for more than half an hour. So after my one class today I came back and showered and ate my leftover pad thai and slept. Except I couldn't even really sleep then either. I had a diet coke at dinner last night (at 6:30) so maybe that was too much caffeine too late at night? I don't know, I just know that if I can't fall asleep tonight I'm going to be screwed at work tomorrow.

I moved the bunny into my room yesterday, but I actually did ask Matthew if it was alright before I did. He said alright so Alfie now lives with me. I will admit he also kept me up because he seems to be nocturnal. But it was my intent to work out in some capacity this morning and visit my friend Jen at the Ray; however, I figured if I was to make it through the day I best stay in bed and at least try to sleep.

I got a paycheck! I guess Cindy wanted to get us back on schedule with the pay period and so now I am super happy because I'll have money to pay for the amazon order I placed yesterday.

I got a little too excited and bought a movie for my film noir class that I have to watch in two weeks. But it doesn't exist on Netflix and he said it was super super hard to find so I found it on amazon for 12 dollars and decided to just get it and not stress about it anymore. But in order to get the Amazon Super Saving Shipping deal I had to spend a total of 30 dollars so I just went ahead and got two other Over the Rhine Cd's that I've been wanting. So this just means I don't get to randomly spend money outside of rent/utilities/school/food for a while. But the paycheck will at least get me ahead.

Well I think it's time for me to crawl out of bed and get some homework done before I have to leave. Au revoir!

1 comment:

Lu Lu said...

you=the cutest, especially the super free shipping on amazon story. haha. hope you had a good weekend!