Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Warmth is on the Way


No longer will I be cold. I hope so at least. Yesterday I bought a Lands' End 'Women's Chalet Long Down Coat.' I really want it now though, especially because it's so incredibly chilly! It's temperature rating tells me it (the coat) will keep me warm in -40 to -25 degrees Fahrenheit...I'm excited.

I went out to the Mercury Cafe yesterday to do some homework and visit Megan Yoho....she just got a job there. It's in West Town so I took the Brown Line to Chicago and then took the #66 Chicago Bus to Mercury. It didn't take me as long as I had anticipated. I didn't even have to wait for a bus! The worst part was the walk home from the Armitage stop, it's not far, but it the temp had dropped and the wind was in my face.

For once in a handful of weeks, I feel like I have some downtime/a grasp of what needs to be done and the time with which to do it. I'm hoping that this is what gets me well. I guess because I don't really have an immune system right now I got a pretty nasty cold and it still has not gone away, and the shingles are scabbing over, but they still itch/hurt.

Despite all that, I will be warm come next week when I get a package delivered to the Bakery!

I was going to upload a photo of the image, but blogger is being stupid and even though I've hit the picture button it doesn't do anything. The spell check button doesn't work either...I'm slightly annoyed.....oops, I just got it to work. Disregard the previous rant.

I've got to watch L.A. Confidential now....and maybe nap :))

No comments: