Thursday, February 21, 2008

No class.

Well I do have one class today, but my Literary Critique class got cancelled! I actually really enjoy that class, and mostly the professor, but a cancelled class is a cancelled class! So I'm just going to relax, make myself some coffee and do nothing in the hour and a half slot where I would be peer editing psychological critiques of Poe's "The Black Cat," which I might say is a great short story. Read it if you have not. That and Lorrie Moore's "People Like That Are The Only People Here."

Movies you should watch: L.A. Confidential, The Professional (the remake, not the french one, this one has natalie portman in her first role at age 13), and The Maltese Falcon. Can you tell I'm in a film noir class? The Professional is kinda bloody, but if you don't look, like me, then the rest of the movie is great! And to offset all those noir/neo-noir films...catch up on some fun...That Thing You Do!

I'm currently listening to Iron and Wine and it's so funny. It's almost like deja vu. I still feel bad for Sam Beam in that Wheaton told him to edit his songs for the concert. Ew.

I just got an email from Lands' End....my package is already in Chicago. I'm impressed. I will be even more impressed if I get it by the end of today, especially because I work today. And I want it for tomorrow when Megan and I adventure out to the Shedd Aquarium because admission is free through tomorrow! Then I'm going to her Urban Major class and then we are going out to dinner with Judy Blumhofer....whom I love and miss dearly. She is in her last "year" at Rush before she spends two years as an intern...if it's like Grey's Anatomy I sort of understand the process. Well I'll just remember to ask and then explain here later. :))

I've decided to be extra good with my money. I have been lately, I'm actually pretty proud....(the coat purchase was much needed and from saved Christmas money). But I figure because I got a dollar raise and because I'll be working more hours next quarter (as long as I'm not too stressed out) I'll be able to save a little more for a potential vacation to the Czech once I graduate in 2010.

Well seeing as it's not that early, I'd better get around to calling some special people (Mimi and Grandpa) to wish them Happy [& Belated] Birthdays! Then I might nap. :))

No comments: