Saturday, February 16, 2008

Stress, Valentines Day, and Shingles!

I have been running around like a half-dead chicken for the past two weeks and what's the pay off you ask? Good grades? Self-discipline?

N0.

Shingles. That's the payoff. Yup....I have what mostly old folks get with compromised immune systems. My body is the equivilant of an old crochety woman who doesn't get enough sleep. I don't have the energy to explain the details of shingles but it hurts, not horribly but it's uncomfortable. I worked a 9 hour day today but I don't have to work again til Thursday.

Lesson learned...don't pick up extra shifts during midterms week or the week of Valentine's Day for that matter. Well to be precise I first noticed the symptoms a week ago so it's more like the week before Valentine's but whatever.

I just want a day to sleep. I think I'll go to church tomorrow and then sleep afterwards for a while. Sounds good to me. I've been so busy I think the bunny is sad. He just needs a better apartment....this one isn't suiting him. :))

I went to the Iron and Wine concert yesterday....amazing! I had such a great time, shingles and Wheaton and all! But it's time for a mini nap before I head out for a movie night with some folks from the Well. I love those people...they're just amazing!



Smiles :))

1 comment:

Lu Lu said...

ahhhh! you have shingles??!!! boo. you poor thing. hey you should make an appointment with me at the writing center so we can hang out! haha. but seriously.